Monday, August 23, 2010

Marine Drive Of The Twin Cities!

 A few days ago, I happened to drive past Hussain Sagar ( I didn't drive of course, my dad did!) or Tank Bund as it is locally know. As suggested by my previous posts, I am addicted to anything Nature oriented and I remember holding my breath as we drove past, dumbstruck at its beauty. There were boats sailing on the water at top speed, a few birds gliding above lazily and there was that fresh breeze that you always find around water bodies.

I still smile when I remember the sensation of getting drunk on the beauty of the sight. On an earlier visit here, I realized how much Hyderabadi's loved this lake of theirs. It had been raining and our windows were rolled up. I strained my eyes, trying to look past the torrent of rain. What I saw sent me into a fit of giggles. There was a guy sitting on one of the benches which adorned the borders of the lake.  Oblivious to the pouring rain, he continued to sit and gaze at the lake, totally content. It might have been a sunny day for all he knew! Only when I noticed him I realized that he was just one of the many passion - struck Hyderabadi's who'd assembled there to witness the lake in all its glory. Their simple act of passion humbled me and I too yearn to become one of them.



In all of my years in Hyderabad, I've come to appreciate the fierce clash of culture and diverse mix of people, places, languages and religions. Hyderabad is no longer 'a city', I now regard it with a more possessive air and consider it to be 'My City'. The drive around Tank Bund is especially soothing to me. Coupled with the scenic beauty and the little nuggets of information present in the form of statues, I try my best to take that route whenever possible.

Hyderabad Rocks!  Is all I can say about this city.  No wonder it's the capital of Andhra!We find unity in diversity, and I hope we will continue to do so in the years to come.

2 comments:

  1. dEAR i really enjoyed this one..I do share the same feelings..yes the city rocks and hussain sagar is the heart of it...and you described it in a wonderful way..
    I am a highlander so very close to nature..I still miss my student days when we used to roam for hours in the surroundings of Shimla..After staying in different places of country I feel there is no place better than my SHIMLA.I cannot compare Hyderabad with Shimla but as compared to mumbai Delhi and other places where i stayed..i find more peace in Hyderabad specially because of Hussain Sagar..Few days ago I drove for 2 hours early morning at 6 am with one of my friends..all through hussain sagar necklace road and after the drive my friend told me that this is her best drive..thanks to the beautiful lake ..Water and Mountain always inspires us from Insight...may be our life resembles nature..always with people but always in soltitude ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou sir for being so encouraging and supportive of my works! I'm glad to know you like them!

    ReplyDelete